Manufactured in Europe, the Virtuoso’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec. depending on the setting. But what really sets the Virtuoso burrs apart is that these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So the Virtuoso burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, manual brewing methods and Press Pot. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The burrs have a precision mounting system to ensure a stable platform for accurate grinding.
The Virtuoso utilizes a simple and efficient direct drive gear reduction transmission to move power from the DC motor to the rotating cone burr. A thermal overload cutout protects the motor from overheating due to excessive use - remember, these grinders are designed to grind a dose at a time for home use!
Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 200 to 1200 microns.
Grinds Left in Grinder
To maximize freshness, the Virtuoso minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
The Virtuoso is a great all-around grinder, from manual brewing to espresso.
A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
With unique speed control, the Virtuoso uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
The Virtuoso has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics, for easily repeatable grind times.
Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
- The Virtuoso Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is equipped with European crafted conical burrs that ensure consistent results each time you grind.
- It is equipped with a large 8 oz hopper that should be enough for most establishments.
- This unit has more than 40 settings. You can dial into the specific setting that you need for the coffee you are making.
- The Virtuoso has a pulse button and a timer. This makes it easy for you to maintain the consistency of grinds.
- The unit has an enhanced anti-static design. This minimizes the coffee dust produced when using the unit.
- The Baratza has a high-efficiency motor that stays quiet and cool.
- RPM of Burrs: 550 RPM