Taking you awhile to find the best plastic-free coffee maker? Then you found it, it not only allowed you to make coffee without using any plastic, but the coffee it makes tastes wonderful.
Light and compact, the Chemex Classic 3 Cup, 16oz (~450ml) is a great brewer for making crisp, clean pour over coffee when storage space is scarce. The brewer’s classic hourglass shape also allows it to be a carafe when the brewing is complete.
The brewer’s extraordinary ability to make coffee with a rich flavour and clean body is largely due to the Chemex-Bonded Coffee Filters. These filters are thicker than most, keeping all sediment out of your cup and reducing the risk of bitterness.
- Crisp, Clean Coffee – Brews pour over coffee with a particularly crisp flavour and clean body.
- Borosilicate Glass – Durable, heat-resistant, and stunningly clear.
- Classic Design – Hourglass shape and wooden collar make the brewer a carafe as well.
- Hot + Iced Coffee – Allows you to easily brew iced coffee on warmer days.
- 450ml Capacity – Brews just enough coffee for 1-3 mugs.
- Use Chemex Half Circle Filters FP-2.
- Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie.
If you’d like a glass of sweet, refreshing iced coffee, all you have to do is substitute some hot water for ice cubes in the bottom of the Chemex. As you brew, the ice will flash chill the draining coffee.