The BigStep refers to the design of the larger diameter 'stepped edge' measuring in at 58.55mm (+/-0.02mm).
This base shape enables a maximum surface area of coffee to be covered during tamping, including the prevention of a pinched edge of coffee particles or vacuum effect that can occur when using such a large or incorrectly sized base. So what are you waiting for. Take the next BigStep too.
- Made from 440 grade stainless steel stainless steel (MKII 440C), so they're hard enough to stand up to busy bar use and will hold their edge longer than the previous 630 grade stainless.
- Big Step tamper includes three handle spacers to adjust the handle height to your preference.
- Ergonomically designed grip helps to ease finger strain throughout the day.
- Mainly designed for ridgeless precision baskets ( Example, VST, IMS and Strada, Synesso and some LM baskets ).
- Gives you full compaction with little to no residual grounds on the side-walls.
- BigStep retains the feel of a regular Barista base and is designed with those in mind who perform a standard tamping technique (including the Puck Polish final step).
- Checker Wood to match your style and appeal.