The key to making great coffee is to control all the variables. The variable that often has the most variation is tamping. Traditionally tamping was the process of compressing the grounds in the filter basket which consisted of a few steps. First you press the coffee down, then knock the side of the portafilter to knock stray grounds loose which were then pressed into the coffee puck by tamping again. And for good measure spin the tamper like a spinning top to polish the surface. This is when the Motta Adjustable Tamper comes in.
- Pressurised Dynamometric Tamper.
- Height adjustable to be used with any filter and dose.
- Allows obtaining a coffee panel with a homogeneous density, minimizing channeling situations and increasing coffee extraction, ensuring greater consistency in the amount of espresso served.
- Avoid using your hands during coffee leveling.
- No more dirty, cracked coffee fingers after a day of service on the espresso machine.